The National Highway Authority of India has commenced a nation-wide program for the electronic toll collection on toll plazas on the National Highways with the help of a device called FASTag. FASTag utilizes Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology
to make toll payments from a prepaid wallet account linked to it.
FASTag is simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the applicable toll amount
is deducted. The tag employs Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is affixed on the vehicle's windscreen after the tag account is active.
FASTag is a perfect solution for a hassle free trip on National Highways. FASTag is presently operational for more than 600 toll plazas across National and State Highways. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future.
Benefits of using FASTag
- Customers can avoid long queue at toll plaza.
- The vehicle with FASTag doesn't need to stop at the toll plaza for the cash transaction which may result in saving the Fuel and Time.
- FASTag is read by the tag reader at the plaza and the toll amount is deducted automatically, when the vehicle approaches the toll plaza.
- Customers will receive SMS & Email alerts on their registered Mobile number / Email address for all the transactions done in his / her tag account.
- The customers can have a Web access wherein they can access their statements by logging on the FASTag customer portal.
- Customers may recharge their tag account online through portal by Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking, using any Bank account.
To avail the FASTag please visit our nearest branch (Locator) or call on toll free
Click below for more Information